Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Goldberg Ultimate

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Goldberg Ultimate

Old 01-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Wingspam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg Ultimate

I received a Goldberg Ultimate for Christmas, with almost everything needed to make it fly.. The chosen motor is an OS 91 Fx. Iknow the are prop suggestions in the boxs but i would like some suggestion based on people who are flying this aircraft ....Lend me your knowledge..

Thanks in advance
Old 01-01-2007, 01:19 PM
greyfoxx

Default RE: Goldberg Ultimate

Good morning Wingspam, and "Happy New Year!"

I read your post with interest as I am looking at the Goldberg Ultimate as my first Bipe, along with the Great Planes, and Top Gun (British and probably not available in the States). I really like the Great Planes model, but it is a bit big for me to transport and would probably require a gas engine!

I cannot help you with your question as to power, but am interested in any feedback you might receive, and also your impression of how the bird flies. Myself, I'm leaning toward something larger than a 90 two stroke, perhaps a 120, which according to what I've read, will make it ballistic. I've read where anything from a 120 to 180 four stroke, and up to a 120 two stroke, but she's a little small for the gas engines and not built with them in mind. I have a RCV 91 I'd love to put on mine, but am afraid it might be a bit underpowered. I always prefer my planes to be a bit overpowered.

There are several post on RC Universe about this ARF, and as I recall, they are under the heading of 3D. Just do a search of 3D. That's what has prompted me to lean toward the 120 two stroke with a pits muffler and Perry Pump or Cline Regulator.

I would appreciate any feedback on any responses you get, and also what your intentions are with the color scheme. I know from reading one post, that as it is, it's difficult to see and tell the difference in the top from the bottom.

Above all things, one must remember that, "Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson some time later!"
Old 01-01-2007, 01:46 PM
meaden

I'm building one now and I settled on a Saito 100. I think it is the best combination of power and weight. The other engine I was looking at was the Saito 125 it's lighter than the Saito 120 by a good bit and 4 oz more than the 100. But I'm not looking to 3D or send it to the moon...

I'm building with the goal to keep it as light as possible. I think that's the main problem with the kit. People think it's a bigger plane than it really is and try to cram a bunch of larger stuff in it.

Here is a great build thread. Lot's of debate on different gear.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_38...tm.htm#3823449
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70289.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	588232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw73634.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	588233  
Old 01-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Wingspam
I received a Goldberg Ultimate for Christmas, with almost everything needed to make it fly.. The chosen motor is an OS 91 Fx. Iknow the are prop suggestions in the boxs but i would like some suggestion based on people who are flying this aircraft ....Lend me your knowledge..
Thanks in advance
That Goldberg Ultimate should fly just fine with a .91 FX. Mine flew great with a 1.20 fourstroke, but another guy I fly with uses a .91 FX and it's fine on his Ultimate.

My .91 FX likes 10%, and runs well with a 14X6 (in a Sukhoi.) A 15X6 gives better braking, the 13X8 is very fast but provides no braking. You might prefer the 13X8 or 14X7, because the Ultimate won't require help slowing down like my Sukhoi does.

My suggestion would be to start with a 14X6, but be prepared to change if you need more speed or less braking.
Good luck,
Dave Olson