Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Angle Pro owners… input please

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Angle Pro owners… input please

Old 01-04-2007, 04:21 PM
SDR-Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Angle Pro owners… input please

Bought a Hangar 9 Angle Pro incidence meter yesterday and so far I’m not impressed. Both end pieces and the meter holder have some play when connected to the aluminum bar.

Since the slop seems to be consistent amongst all three pieces logical thinking says the aluminum bar is out of spec. The bar width measures 25/32” If it were just a 32nd wider all would be a perfect fit.

Before I call Horizon Service I would like to get an understanding, through consensus, if this is typical tolerances or not for this unit.

So could I get a few owners to chime in and tell me how well your components fit to the bar? Also what does you’re bar measure?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Angle Pro owners… input please

I have one and I love it.
I do agree with the slop, I lock my end pieces down and when I slide the indicator over the length of the bar it is seldom off more than 0.1 degrees. What I find is that I have more twist in my wing and ailerons than I would like and it really shows up on the meter.
An example, on my old plane, I could adjust the servos so they would not bind with 10 degrees of up/down throw with 200ma of current. Problem was that the aileron was twisted by 1.4 degrees.

If I adjust the servo so that the aileron is straight over it's length with 10 degrees of throw, then the current draw is from 800ma to 1700ma. What I think is that the gage is more accurate than our planes and we see it like never before. This is just an OPINION.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:35 AM
SDR-Hammer

Geistware, I knew I could depend on one of the good ole regulars to come through for me. Thank you.

Just to compare, how much slop are you talking about?

As an experiment I did a simple, common measurement by removing the spinner and prop of my planes and attaching one of the tools end pieces to the prop hub. With the prop nut securely holding the end piece to the back plate I was able to move the bar (using an absolute minimum amount of force) a total of almost 3 degrees. [X(]
Old 01-07-2007, 02:16 PM
voyager_663rd

do you two need of them or is one sufficient?