Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hinges for GWS A-10

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hinges for GWS A-10

Old 01-06-2007, 03:06 PM
WarMace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hinges for GWS A-10

A friend of mine recently gave me a GWS A-10 kit that he had lying around. I have put it together but it was missing the pack of hinges for the ailerons and elevators. I was wondering was I could use to replace them. I have been flying RC helis for awhile but I have never built or flown an airplane so I am unfamiliar with the materials involved. I have tried to find a clear picture of what they look like with no luck. The manual was also missing from the kit and the one from the GWS website is very low quality. I assume they are standard hinges such as these: http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?products_id=194 Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:33 PM
oceansfiftyseven

Default RE: Hinges for GWS A-10

I had one of those a while back. The hinges did not come packaged. They were a rectangular piece of some kind of cheap CA hinge but looked more like a piece of paper in the bottom of the box. Cut them to size and use the like regular ca hinges.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:46 PM
WarMace

Default RE: Hinges for GWS A-10

Thanks, Ocean. Once I knew what to look for I did find it at the bottom of the box. It is little white sheet of paper cut into strips. Guess I just assumed they would be a little more substantial. Thanks again.