Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

modelSPORT Video Magazine ?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

modelSPORT Video Magazine ?

Old 01-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default modelSPORT Video Magazine ?

What ever happened to "modelSPORT" video mag anyhow? I had a subscription since day one and enjoyed it very much, there was allot of content for the money. I'm just assuming that the host had to go earn a living.

On the last tape I received (couple years back) they flew that big Coast Guard B-17 and the last shot appeared to be just before it crashed.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:45 AM
wdmurphree
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: modelSPORT Video Magazine ?

Hey Carlos,

I talked to John via email about a week or so ago. Had a question for him on the old H9 Cessna 182 modes he did. He replyed the next morning with an answer. I also asked about the Videos and the B-17. Here is his response.

"As I recall I used CA hinges - it worked well. B-17? I can't say as I do hope to be back in business with these before too much longer.

Best regards,

John Beech - GM
http://www.modelsport.com"

If you go to his website you will find that yes he is trying to make a living and part of his business is RC helicopters. Anyway I can not wait to find out what happened either.

Murf
Old 01-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Murf,

Thanks fer the update, I put together a tape on that Cessna build with all the segments on one tape, can't remember if I gave it away or not.

I used to get the tapes from Sheldon's (now closed) years ago and then a subscription, couldn't understand why they didn't "Fly" off the shelves considering all the info in them AND the low price but could only attribute that to lac of advertising.

I'll let John now he still has a subscriber in me.

Regards,

Carlos
Old 02-22-2007, 12:51 AM
misfitsailor
My Feedback: (6)

I have also been awaiting the return of Modelsport videos, and have been following the long saga of the Beech family moving to FL and having the studio destroyed in a hurricane. I am also still on the edge of my seat waiting to learn the fate of the B-17, as it looked awfully low to end up in that attitude and be able to survive. Does anyone know Larry?

But today when I tried to go to the Modelsport website, it would not open. I see now that he has a new site; [link]http://www.modelsport.com/[/link]

Not as nice yet as the old site, I liked the old attempt at a forum.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:28 PM
libertyvalance

I was at the field in Goldsboro, NC where they flew the B17 and crashed it. It was waaaayyy underpowered. The flight didn't last very long as best as I can remember. Everyone was sick from that crash.. The detail on that plane was impeccable.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:58 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would re-subscribe in a heartbeat!

hi Murf...it is Jerry from the old 'R/CReport'. How ya been?