Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Katana-vs-Edge-vs-Extra-vs-Cap

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Katana-vs-Edge-vs-Extra-vs-Cap

Old 01-15-2007, 07:15 PM
blueline
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Katana-vs-Edge-vs-Extra-vs-Cap

If appearance was the only deciding factor I'd pick the Katana, its lines just do it for me. However, its in the air is what really matters. I can't seem to locate the flight characteristics of each, I guess what I'm looking for if it exists is some type of table that shows or compares how each flys with respect to each other. Do any of you have any imput, i.e., the Katana is better at ( )but the Extra exceles at ( ). Thanks in advance to all,

San Francisco Bay Area
Old 01-16-2007, 01:26 AM
alan0899

Default RE: Katana-vs-Edge-vs-Extra-vs-Cap

G'day Mate,
I had a Katana, magnificent aircraft, will do anything you can throw at it, the best snapping plane I have ever seen, & will knfe edge, without any coupling, but like any plane it must be trimmed properly, have ample power, & it needs approxamately an 11Kg torque digital rudder servo. It does not like to be nose heavy,
check out pix in my profile,
But an edge 540, or any of the others will do pretty much the same.
So it's down to personal preference, I'm afraid.
Here's a pic of mine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37587.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	599243  
Old 01-16-2007, 01:38 AM
ChuckW

Another variable to consider is the how each plane is designed and built. For instance, you could have teo CAP-232's, roughly the same size from different designers and manufacturers that may fly differently. One might have a different airfoil, different stab placement, incidence and so on. I'm definitely not an expert on the subject though.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:32 PM
blueline
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks for the input guys, Alan, nice Katana! Chuck, your message is spot on as I read through the millions of posts arguing the benifits of this Extra over that Extra over this Edge, etc. You mentioned the veriables with respect to the manufacturers designs, I suppose thats the dilema. I guess if I build an aircraft via a kit and "adjust-it" so to speak I'll have no one to blame but myself, Ha!
Keep the posts coming gentlemen.