Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Carbonfiber control links?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Carbonfiber control links?

Old 02-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Lean540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbonfiber control links?

Has anyone used these?
Are they reliable?
I am afraid to try these, just worried to death the ends will pull out.
The application will be on a 27% Edge 540, this will be a high stress application (elevators)
Any thoughts?
Lean540
Old 02-04-2003, 01:44 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

i have used these on various project and they hold together very well using exopy. its funny i had the same concerns when i 1st use them. you look at a plane doing a knife edge loop and realize the fin for the rudder is just glued on with a butt joint and that thing holds helps to really see the power of exopy and ca' glues.
Old 02-04-2003, 03:33 PM
gilcon

I'm using the Cental Hobbies ones with the titanium inserts on a 29% AW Edge. They work great. I also used black CA to hold them in - my personal pull tests showed it worked better than the JB weld that was recommended. I also slipped an aluminum ring over each end to keep them from splitting if there was a side load. I'd sure use them again and probably will on my 35% Carden Edge when I get it (kit anyway) next month. Good luck.

Hall