Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Has anybody built a Model Tech ARC Cessna

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Has anybody built a Model Tech ARC Cessna

Old 01-27-2007, 09:05 PM
cloud Walker
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody built a Model Tech ARC Cessna

I just purchased a Model Tech ARC Cessna at a swap meet. It didn't have the manual with the kit. If anybody has any pointers for building this kit it would be appreciated.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:14 PM
red head

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Has anybody built a Model Tech ARC Cessna

I've assembled a couple of them and all the rest of the Model fly planes and have all the plans except the Cessna, I'm sure they are around here somewhere. That plane didn't come with a manual, just a sheet of instructions !!!
Hobby People sells the Model fly stuff now and they might be able to help with a set of instructions. I'll keep my eyes open and if I find mine I'll try to help.
As far as assembeling one they are pretty straight forward if you have ever built any other planes, they are different because of the ABS plastic but assembly is fairly easy.
One of the first steps is to clean ALL of the slag off all the surfaces, leading edges, trailing edges etc. I used a hobby knife, fine sandpaper and a drywall sanding pad. Just be carefull and don't sand (etc. ) too much.
You might also get some help in the Sea plane forum, there are a couple guys there that have assembled them and might have their plans yet. GOOD LUCK !! It's a super flying plane and I'm sure you will like it. ENJOY !!! RED
Old 01-28-2007, 09:30 PM
red head

Sorry to double post but I thought of a building hint that I highly suggest with the ABS planes.

In the instructions it suggest that you sand any area that is to be glued. It SHOULD be an order !! I suggest that you use a hobby knife and carefully SCORE any surface that is to be glued. Most glues won't bond real good to ABS but do a pretty good job. If you SCORE the surfaces the glue will have something to grip to and you shouldn't have any problems. I've used this system for over 10 years with the Model Fly planes and it's worked great. By the way I've assembled all the Model Fly planes and am still flying a 6 yr old Ready and 4 other ones including the Cessna.
ENJOY !!! RED
Old 01-28-2007, 10:38 PM
cloud Walker

Red
the trouble im having its with the flaps and how to hook them up. I've never had a plane with flaps. This is a nice kit the workmanship is great. I pick this up at a swap meet two weeks ago. Mel
Old 02-01-2007, 01:22 PM
red head

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, I've been a little under the weather and I still haven't found my instructions.

As far as the flaps go, you will need a radio that will mix ailerons and flaps togeather. In the pocket where the servo goes you will have to mount 2 servos and hook each of them up to seperate ailerons. It is designed to do this. Once you have the 2 servos and a radio that will mix them it's just a matter of getting the mix set.

I have seperate servos and have them set up for flaps but haven't really seen any real need for them. They are fun to play with now and then but not really needed even when flying with floats as I do.

While I have you here I'd like to remind you that this plane was NOT designed to do a lot of aerobatics ( it will do them ) but it is very hard on the wing if you play to hard. Now I suppose you want to know how I know .

ENJOY !!! RED
Old 02-03-2007, 12:36 PM
cloud Walker

Red
I hope your are not in the storm area. We have been watching it on the news. We had one go through here in Milton in 2002 but since I live in a rural area there wasn't much damage only to the farm crops and some Barns.
I figured out the flap problem, this plane has one servo for the flaps the problem I was having was with the linkage from the servo to the flaps connecting arms.
Let me hear from you if you are okay. Mel
Old 02-05-2007, 10:50 PM
red head

Mel : Thanks for asking about us, we are fine the storm was about 75 miles North and East of us.

Now I think I owe you an appology. I was thinking " Modelfly " not " Model Tech ". Modelfly is also a company called ARC and thats where I went wrong. SORRY !!!!
ENJOY !!! RED