Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Narrow Band

Old 01-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Thumprding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Narrow Band

Looking for some one who narrow bands older radios. I have two that I need to have narrow banded. Once is a an Airtronics champion series 7 channel. The other is a ACE R/C 7 channel with open metal gimblas and so forth. I would hate to trash them.

Thank you
Curtis.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:53 AM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Narrow Band

Hi thump,
Radio south can possibly do it , if they cant I don't know who can. Frankly unless you have some sentimental value attached to the radios I don't know why one would do this. New systems arn't real expensive, are comletely reliable, and have many nice features those old radios don't have. Just my opinion. Heres a link to Radio South

Darren

http://www.radiosouthrc.com
Old 01-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Thumprding

Thanks for the link, I shot them an e-mail asking if they can narrow band.

Why do I want to do this? Basically to save money. To attain the level of controls features for each of these radios I would have to spend at least three to four hundred dollars to replace them. The airtronics is a 7 channel and the Ace is an eight channel. Both have full mixing capability, dual rates, end point adjustments, exponential and linear capability and so forth. Each system also has 6 ball bearing high torque output servos and 4 standard servos. In their day they were high dollar radios. The Ace R/C radio is a custom built radio that was made by someone who was an Ace R/C distributor.

I am hoping that they can be narrow banded and the cost is reasonable. If it is I will send them away and then upgrade the batteries from Nicads to the new metal batteries.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:12 PM
rrragmanliam

Hi Thump,

Hey I'm hearing you, I've hung on to and continue to use alot of "old Stuff" just cause I like it. I'm pretty sure Radio South will be able to hook you up, they do just about anything that can be done w/ radios.

Good luck,

Darren
Old 02-17-2007, 03:28 PM
pt19 flyer

hi

unless it is a radio with special attachment personally it is much cheaper to buy new outfit. the transmitter can be narrow banded but on the receiver would be cheaper to buy new one due to cost difference. I doubt if anyone would narrow band the receiver.

good luck and happy flying

pt19 flyer
Old 02-17-2007, 08:16 PM
KI8FR

http://www.dnmelectronics.com/Service.htm

He will do a grate job for ya.. and the price is good too..