Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

is zagi wing hard to fly?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

is zagi wing hard to fly?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 02:52 AM
jloropeza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is zagi wing hard to fly?

Hello people:
does any body who has a zagi plane or wing can tell me if these are dificult to fly, do i have to have a lot of experience or can we use to relaxed fly sunday.
Saludos
Old 02-06-2003, 03:23 AM
Duane-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

I think they are easy to fly....If you have flown before anyway. Just kind of difficult orienting it in flight, easy to get mixed up which way it's flying, make sure the bottom and top are different colors! Fly good in wind too!
Old 02-06-2003, 01:42 PM
mark1231

The 400 is lighter and will be a easier to fly, the 400X although heavier has great flight duration, 20 minutes or more in clam air with a combination of power and glide is easy to achieve. The Zagi is my favorite plane, your flights can be manic or relaxing depending on your mood and properly trimmed they are a joy to fly. Just be very careful to balance and trim the plane according to the directions. If It's going to be your first plane spend a considerable amount of time doing test glides, crashing test glides into the grass probably won't damage the plane, but crashing from higher altitudes will break or damage stuff, so don't turn on the motor and gain any altitude until you feel confident that you can control the plane. If you can find someone or maybe a club to help it will definitely save some crashes.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:07 AM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys,

After perhaps almost 2 years of not flying it, my beloved ZAGI wing came with me after working on it for about 3 hours early this morning with a couple modifications and improvements.

The Yellow Wing with the NAVY Markings is the ZAGI wing. The RED one is the heavier COMBAT Wing.

Combat XE-2 that is especially made for Li-POLY use (EPP Foam pre-cut for CG purposes) and the Zagi wing that comes with the plastic Fuse housing and you can slide things a bit. The Combat Wing (XE-2) is powered by a MEGA 16/15/-4-turn swinging the APC "E" 6X4 and at wide open it draws at 21.3 AMPs (when you place a brand "new" Thunder Power Pro-Lite 2100, 3-cell) and measured Propeller RPMs at 17,3000

The Zagi was converted over to Brushless in 2008 and it is both EPP and injected foam and is NOT made for COMBAT so, I placed a more dosile power system, the Himax HC2825-2300 inrunner with the exact same propeller! This power system draws a maximum of 17 AMPs at wide open with 15,800 RPMs at the propeller However, because it is 7oz. lighter than the Combat Wing it is pretty fast as well.

A few pictures!

Old 10-12-2016, 01:57 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It has been several years since I flew a Zagi; but, as I remember if flys very well and quite easily if you have the proper CG. The CG must be quite well forward, more than you would usually have in a delta wing.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:09 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good news a Zagi is tough really really tough.My last Zagi lasted more than 10 years and that included some full contact slope combat. The powered versions hit a litle harder but just make sure the battery can escape forwards and the basic Zagi will survive.

Bad news they are not as easy to launch as a conventional model.This is especially true of the powered versions.

Bad news they look odd in the air so the less experienced pilot get disorientated easily especially at a distance.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:19 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I suspect the OP has already made his choice 16 years ago

John
Old 10-14-2016, 11:42 AM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys,

Flew my Zagi all this week! It's amazing how much I am enjoying it.

Today for the first time, I used a 3-Cell, 1800mAH, 30C discharge Lithium Polymer battery pack and it was just fantastic how light it was without any issues on the Center-Of-Gravity!

A few pictures from Thursday, October 13th, 2016