Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Lite Foam

Old 02-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Robbidos
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lite Foam

Does anyone know where I can get some very light foam from. The foam rubber from Dubro or Hobbico is way to heavy. I used to have some really light soft gray foam similar to what is used in the transmitter carrying cases. Anyone know where I can get that type of foam?

Thanx,
Old 02-05-2007, 10:42 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Lite Foam

ORIGINAL: Robbidos

Does anyone know where I can get some very light foam from. The foam rubber from Dubro or Hobbico is way to heavy. I used to have some really light soft gray foam similar to what is used in the transmitter carrying cases. Anyone know where I can get that type of foam?

Thanx,
This is going to sound silly, but visit your local computer shops. If they don't have any ask them if they will save some of it for you. I own a computer shop and I have this kind of foam coming out of my ears. It's used to pack a lot of the equipment that we purchase in the shop. I don't know if any of my flying buddies have had to buy foam for years now, because I give them all that they need. Anyway, tell the local shops why you are looking for it and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you out.

Hope this helps

Ken
Old 02-06-2007, 02:43 AM
Robbidos
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lite Foam

I found it. Purchased a square yard of 1" foam for $9.99. Got it from a scrapbooking store. Very light and perfect for my needs.