Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

What is pin size for Klett hinges?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

What is pin size for Klett hinges?

Old 02-07-2007, 07:40 AM
AA5BY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is pin size for Klett hinges?

Wanting to use continual hinge pins for my current build. DuBro hinges have a .030 pin and music wire available jumps from .025 a bit loose to .032 a bit too tight. Wondering what size pins Klett hinges have?

Haven't tried to drill out the hinges the two thousands to make the .032 wire work... if Kletts don't work, that is my next try but I'm in some doubts that the bit would bite that small amount, plus those little bits are fragile.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:30 AM
jetboy2003

Default RE: What is pin size for Klett hinges?

How about this?

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJDN8&P=7]Carbon .030[/link]

or

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRC74&P=7]Styrene .030[/link]

Styrene may not be strong enough for your application, but the carbon would prolly work.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:20 PM
AA5BY

Default RE: What is pin size for Klett hinges?

Thank you for the information on the carbon and styrene rods... I needed 36" for the ailerons so chose to try and drill out and that went much better than anticipated.

I've been using CA henges without any mishaps except the glue itself... I seem to have had a reaction to it and it was not fun... rather scary in fact... so this build has no CA and I'm back to using standard henges.

And... I just find it easier to use continuous henge pins and glue and pin the henges rather than have my big fingers getting glue all over everything after its covered.