Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

RCM what's up?

Old 02-08-2007, 02:29 PM
TopThumbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCM what's up?

Seems I'm having a heck of a time finding these mags on the shelf and the site says it's in negotiations for sale and the subscription link goes to a phone #...

Does NE1 have any idea what's up, if anything?

Is RCM magazine distribution as usual. Just curious before I subscribe (again)

Bill
Old 02-08-2007, 02:41 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: RCM what's up?

Short version: All gone bye bye.

Long version: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3130359/tm.htm
Old 02-08-2007, 02:55 PM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bill,
I called RCM just now to find out. The nice lady on the phone told me that they are not producing any magazines until the sale of the business is complete. The plans department is fully operational. That is all I was sble to find out.

Shame really, RCM was a great magazine. I do miss it! Hopefully the new owners have the fortitude to bring the magazine back to us modelers and not just cater to the E crowd and ARF flyers. That is the biggest gripe I have heard about todays mags.
How about it RCM? Will you fill our void? A lot of modelers want to read about building kits and scratch build projects.
Articles on how to build better models would be great. We need honest reviews of new products, not reviews that just put in a good word for everything they test! There is a great opportunity here for someone to step up to the plate and put out a great magazine.
Doug
Old 02-08-2007, 03:07 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

RCM is history. The last published issue was June 05. We'll probably see a return of the dinosaurs before we see RCM come back.

Ken
Old 02-08-2007, 03:09 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Since this subject has been discussed in numerous other threads here on RCU (for instance, the one Barracuda listed above) I don't think we need to rehash it all here. The question has been asked and answered, I'm going to lock this thread.

Ken