Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

engine for protege

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

engine for protege

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 04:31 PM
conkster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine for protege

i`m building a carl goldberg protege 60. i have a asp .91 engine. is it too big to put in this plane? if not ,is there anything special i should do to the plane to accept or withstand this engine?i`ve already built the tail feathers & i`m just starting the wing so i can modify if necessary. i thought about trying the $99 tower hobbies .74 engine? what r your comments on it? i only paid $20 for the asp engine so i would like to use it but i kinda wanted to put it in a tower hobbies uproar. thanks conk
Old 02-08-2003, 09:00 PM
Crash_N_Burn

Default engine for protege

No, I don't think the 91 would be too big....

This is a BIG trainer!

I just finished one and maidened it yesterday with an OS .61 FSR.

Adaquite power...not excessive. It just flies NICE with a .61.

I opted for the bolt-on wing option and used two 700Ma batteries behind the servo former to balance. Has a Tru-turn aluminum spinner on the OS.

I am very impressed with this airplane.

You will love it!
Old 02-08-2003, 09:37 PM
conkster

Default protege

thanks for the reply crash n burn. i`ve been hearing it both ways, some say too big,some say just right. i would rather have too much than not enough. i was surprised how big this plane was when i opened the box! i`ll try the .91, i like them nose heavy , it doesn`t take as much weight in the tail as it would if it was tail heavy. i`m gonna add 1 more layer of 1/8 ply to the firewall incase i want to change the engine i won`t have to worry with the blind nuts. i don`t know if i`ll use the blind nuts or screw the engine mount instead. i`m glad u like the plane ! thanks again for the reply. conk