Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

fueling system

Old 02-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Flying freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fueling system

ok im a biginer that starteing to get moreplans more motors that run on more typs of fuel (all methonal based) it lookslike il be up to 4 different kinds this leads me to ask is there a system that i could sue so i can mix them up im looking for different fuel dots such as the simline maybe a dubro quick fill ...

so that every typpe of fuel has it own fueler that goes in every plane that uses that fuel so im asking for any ideas/companys that make thesed products do quare fueling dots exsist?

if the fuel typs matter here they are
moki fuel -0% nitor 16% castor oil
sport- 15nitor 18%oil (50/50 casto syn.)
mean and green -15 nitro18 syn
saito 20/20

please post all ideas!
thanx!
Old 02-14-2007, 02:15 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: fueling system

Here's what you need - Multi Colored Fuel Dots

http://www.pspmfg.com/FuelDotsRegular.html
Old 02-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Flying freak

if the nosel of each also that color because if the novel is gray it wont work our too well.. or maybe i would have to paint the nosel/fueler probe..
Old 02-14-2007, 11:00 PM
hrrcflyer

Hey Flying Freak,

I have a suggestion for you. Have you considered using different color fuel lines. That way you can match the fuel lines on your engines and your fuel container depending on what type of fuel it uses? Fuel dots like the ones MinnFlyer told you about require you to pull the fuel line part way out of the cowl so you will be easily be able to tell what color it is. I have seen fuel line in as many as 6 different colors and thats not counting fuel lines for gasoline.

Thats just my two cents worth.

Fly safe and have fun!!
David
Old 02-15-2007, 07:24 AM
Kaos Rulz

Flying freak,

Mike + Dave = Problem solved

Both presented a more logical answer than I had, and put em both together and you can't miss.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:53 AM
Flying freak

ORIGINAL: ED STEFAN

Flying freak,

Mike + Dave = Problem solved

Both presented a more logical answer than I had, and put em both together and you can't miss.

Yep i guess combinning both sounds like a great idea, i guesss thats what il be doing start setting up the fuel dots...
Old 02-16-2007, 07:34 PM
hrrcflyer

Hey Flying Ereak,

I have another thought on this subject for you to consider. The only motor you listed in your original post that will not run on normal aircraft fuel with 15 to 18% nitro and 18% to 20% oil whether it be from Omega, Byrons, Powermaster or whomever is the Moki. It will not run worth a heap on fuel that has more than 5% nitro. The performance difference on running your Saito engines on 15% or 20% nitro is only marginal. You may want to experiment until you find a suitable general fuel for all of your motors (except the Moki) and just use it. Don't be overly concerned with using a fuel with a little extra oil content. It will only protect your engine, but may be a little more messy to clean up.

Fly safe and have fun!!
David