Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

u can do 46 firewall & scratch build

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

u can do 46 firewall & scratch build

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 10:16 AM
steve04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default u can do 46 firewall & scratch build

I have sacraficed my first u can do 46 prior to flying it but after building it then finding the list of issues posted. I have drafted full size plans with many changes to accept a saito 100 and a sullivan ss 16 flex tank. I added 7/8" in length to the nose just behind the firewall and have added spruce and basswood doublers around the wing saddle, servos and stab in the tail section and just behind the firewall. I cut out enough parts for three planes and am now building the first of three.

When i am done with this i will rework the wing and tail feathers.

The question i have is how much thrust should i build inot the firewall? Do i build it square? Is there a formula or general rule for to calculate this?
Old 02-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: u can do 46 firewall & scratch build

2 or 3 degrees of right thrust is usually the rule. If you plan on swinging a large low pitch prop with the Saito, I'd go 3 degrees. I use vibration isolation mounts on all my four strokes, and the thrust can be fine tuned with these types of mounts.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:03 PM
steve04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I believe 3 degrees is what is on the factory u can do. Do you have a brand of soft mount that you prefer?
Old 02-18-2007, 11:22 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:42 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: steve04

Thanks for the info. I believe 3 degrees is what is on the factory u can do. Do you have a brand of soft mount that you prefer?
Dubro or Jtec. Check em out and see what will fit your engine. Dubros are bulky, but long lasting. Jtec fits into tighter spaces, but the rubber doesn't seem to last as long.