Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

AIR BLEED VRS IDLE SCREW ADJUSTMENTS

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

AIR BLEED VRS IDLE SCREW ADJUSTMENTS

Old 02-19-2007, 06:19 PM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR BLEED VRS IDLE SCREW ADJUSTMENTS

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ I get confused as to where to set that low speed screw point against the high speed spray bar, should it touch or not with open throttle, heres a picture if its ok let me know thanks SOME PEOPLE SAY BACK IT AWAY OTHERS SAY IT SHOULD BE JUST THE TIP INSIDE THES SPRAY BAR OTHERS SAY TURN IT OUT UNTIL IT STOPS WHEN IT JUST MAY FALL OUT IF BACKED OUT ALL THE WAY SO MAY BE SOMEONE CAN SIMPLIFY THINGS WITH MY PICTURE. I KNOW ONE THING FOR SURE BECAUSE YOU CAN SEE THE LOW NEEDLE GOING INSIDE THE SPRAY BAR ONLY WHEN YOU SLOWLY CLOSE THE THROTTLE.

HOW DO I START THE IDLE SET UP POINT ,WHERE SHOULD THE LOW SPEED NEEDLE BE INSIDE THE SPRAY BAR OR SET AWAY FROM THE FAST SPEED SPRAY BAR INSIDE THE CARB. LOOKING INTO THE CARB OPENED ALL THE WAY, FULL THROTTLE POSITION ? Attached Thumbnails
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56121.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	625216  
Old 02-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Ed Smith

Default RE: AIR BLEED VRS IDLE SCREW ADJUSTMENTS

Screw it all the way in. Then you know it is in the wrong place. Back it out half turn at a time until the engine idle is somewhere close. Then fine tune with small adjustments.

Ed S
Old 02-19-2007, 09:03 PM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: AIR BLEED VRS IDLE SCREW ADJUSTMENTS

ORIGINAL: Ed Smith

Screw it all the way in. Then you know it is in the wrong place. Back it out half turn at a time until the engine idle is somewhere close. Then fine tune with small adjustments.

Ed S
I quess when the throttle is all the way closed then screw it in until it stops