Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Saito .72 4-Stroke - Caster oil

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Saito .72 4-Stroke - Caster oil

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 10:42 PM
masonman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito .72 4-Stroke - Caster oil

I have a saito .72 4-Stroke and I run it on 15% cool power and I want to know if it is safe to run it on 15% omega. Does the caster oil get along with the parts inside of a 4-Stroke (cam shaft, push rods, rocker arms, etc). If is does in fact run on it... will it gum the motor up. I quit using 15% omega in 2-strokes and switched to the 15% cool power because the omega was leaving a brown crust on the cylinder head.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:41 PM
fredscz
My Feedback: (47)

Default RE: Saito .72 4-Stroke - Caster oil

Masonman, I think we may have discussed something similar before and no doubt you will get a flurry of different opinions so here goes mine. Omega has gummed up several Saitos for me and I have seen several others just this past summer that were gummed with Omega. These engines have many gallons of fuel thru them. No big deal to clean them and if you think you need the added protection. I have others that I've run for years on Cool Power with two ounces of castor added to a gallon. On ocassion when I've removed them from the plane I take a look inside and to date they have all been shiney clean. If I were you I would stick with the Cool Power but it would take the Omega several gallons to gum it up. My own experience with cool power is that it gives me several more rpm than omega all other things being equal.
Fred
Old 02-19-2007, 11:55 PM
masonman

Thanks, I had one gallon of omega laying around because I switched to cool power . Just wanted to know if I could run it in that engine and burn it instead of wasting it.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:50 AM
rotccapt

just add it in to your fuel a little bit at a time and use it up. i did that with a half gallon of old fuel and it was fine
Old 02-20-2007, 10:17 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good suggestion! Never thought of that!!!!!