Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

PUSHER prop for G23

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

PUSHER prop for G23

Old 02-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PUSHER prop for G23

I've got a Zen G23 (in boat terms it would be the old two port 230 engine but for aircraft).

For airboat use we've come to the agreement that three blades work better than two. My question for this engine is would a 3 blade 16 x 10 pusher be too much for this thing and a fairly stought wood hull? Cough, cough... Tower Hobbies also has a 14 x 7 x3. There is a possibility that it might get modded out like we do the normal PUM engines but for now, stock is fine to try out.

Plans are to put a pull start on the flywheel just like a normal PUM engine and use that way and keep the prop towards the back of the boat. Any insight for three blade composite props?

Kind regards.
Jamie