Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Building Videos

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Building Videos

Old 03-01-2007, 09:17 PM
thewrap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building Videos

My mom's new boyfriend is really fond of the hobby and asked me to do some research. So does anybody have any building videos. Building videos meaning some instruction on how to build plane. He says he wants his first plane to be a kit. As long as he has some instuction.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Building Videos

This is just a video I put together of differnet builds in various stages. [link=http://www.rcuvideos.com/view_video.php?viewkey=c48c16701acca83ad858]Wings[/link] It`s not step by step, but you`ll get the general idea. lol
Old 03-01-2007, 10:18 PM
thewrap

That was good but I need a little more instruction.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:33 PM
speed lover

I,m sure david platt the designer made a lot of videos I,m sure he has a website if you google the name maybe it,ll come up.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:40 AM
saramos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave Platt has several series of videos under the Black Arts name. You can find them at
www.daveplattmodels.com

I own the Building and Fiberglassing, Advanced Building Techinques, Detailing and Painting Techniques, Secrets of Weathering, and Scratch This collections. These videos have a lot of information and I think are worth every penny, and I don't hesitate to recommend them. However, these tapes are not designed to help guide you through your first build. They are geared more toward competition scale modeling.

If you are looking for guidance on a first build, check out RCKen's Sig LT-40 build at
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3439708/tm.htm

This would be a great guide to follow along for a first build.

Scott