Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Spacewalker vs Four-Star 120

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Spacewalker vs Four-Star 120

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 12:13 PM
mmmyers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spacewalker vs Four-Star 120

Hello all, new guy here. I wonder if I could get some advice concerning a third plane. I started with a Nexstar (60 flights), then moved to a Four-Star 60 ARF (20 flights so far). I have not mastered it yet by any means, but would like to build a kit for my next plane, so I'm looking ahead a little. I want to move to something in the 80-inch range. Since I'm having so much fun with the Four-Star, I thought I might get a 120, but I also am looking at the Sig 1/4 scale Spacewalker II. Can anyone coment on the two planes - difference in flight characteristics, aerobatic ability, difficulty in building the kit, etc? Would appreciate all advice. What about leading edges? I'm not too keen on hand-shaping an 80-inch L.E. Thanks, Matt
Old 03-04-2007, 11:31 AM
bipeflyr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spacewalker vs Four-Star 120

Another 4 star will fly the same as your first, you may ask yourself, why did I build the same thing again. Having a backup plane is a good idea too. The spacewalker looks great and is fun to fly but not quite as aerobatic as the 4 star can be. You may want to try an ARF, only because you tend to be more daring, pushing the envelope can be done easier with an ARF than something you spent 200 hours building. After 2 builds, an ARF helped me "push" things a little harder and learn more.

Going by my past experience you may benifit by flying the fourstar another 6 months and see what direction your style of flying turns out to be. I tended to want to fly smooth and acurate and eventually went to an entry level pattern plane, not for competition but just to compliment my style of flying.