Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Chip Hyde Quiet Pipe

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Chip Hyde Quiet Pipe

Old 03-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Rosisco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chip Hyde Quiet Pipe

Any one using Chip Hyde's Quiet pipe for the DA-50?. Just wondering how it is working out. I have a canister muffler from Desert Aircraft now and it is great. I am getting 91db measured at 20 feet with a 22-10 prop.
Just looking for a new can for my Double Vision and wanted some feedback.........
Old 03-13-2007, 05:56 PM
pilot727

Default RE: Chip Hyde Quiet Pipe

just the guy i need to talk to, i also just bought a cap x, is this plane to small for a da-50 or should i go with my ys-140 i noticed that most planes with the da-50 were quite a bit larger, do you have the da-50 and how do i find the thrust point on the fire wall i hope you can answer my question as i wanted to use a da-50 let me know please, rollie
Old 03-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Rosisco

Sorry but I do not know what a cap x is or what size it is. I fly a scratch built Sukhoi with an 82" wingspan. THe model comes in at 16lbs and the DA 50 hauls it around no problem. It could hover at 1/4 throttle with a better pilot than me and have lots of pull out power.
The Double Vision is a 75" Bi-plane which will weigh in the same 15lb -18lb range. There is more than enough power to weight with that engine but I do not know how much lighter or smaller of aircraft you dare try............
Old 03-20-2007, 09:53 PM
mike gruenwald

I run a chp quiet pipe on my da-50. I'm very satisfied with the performance of this combination. I use a mejzlik 22/8 prop on a chp vision which weighs 16lbs 3 oz. The engine does not load up at all at any throttle position or rpm is not peaky and seams to have excellent throttle response. By the way, I live in Colorado (5280 ft above sea level)