Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

EXTRA 300 THRUST

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

EXTRA 300 THRUST

Old 03-05-2007, 11:57 PM
khakakazi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXTRA 300 THRUST

got a extra 300 that had to get new engine mountings but engine now sit straight without any thrust must it sit more to the right + up ? I only taxi plain on runway and it fals over on the nose if I give throttle and yaws much to the left. Any help please
Old 03-06-2007, 12:10 AM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: EXTRA 300 THRUST

Standing behind plane, you want the engine to angle to the right 2 degrees(two thin washers under front two engine mounting holes).
Most ARF'S come with built in right thrust. No up angle. Your cg must not be correct if it noses over real easy. As you taxi, you must hold full up elevator to help keep tail down and better tail wheel steering.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Newc

Default RE: EXTRA 300 THRUST

I had a Great Planes Extra 300 that wasn't very good on taxiing, and it would nose over as is mentioned. I moved the landing gear forward about an inch and this solved the problem and made it very stable for taxiing. CG of the plane itself isn't the problem, it's the relationship of the CG to the wheels. I've found that for taildraggers the wheels need to be at least as far forward as the leading edge of the wing.