Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Saito 82 please help

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Saito 82 please help

Old 03-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Flying freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 82 please help

As some of you may know i am building an ultra sport 40. The engine is goign to be a NIB saito GK and since im not familiar with retraks i dont trust them (yet) and i aralize that if somthing happens my nice new saito will BECOME [:@] the landing gear . So i though how about i mount it up right.. this will make a whole in the top of my cowl but the whole fornt of the plane is black and the motor is a gold knigh so it shoudl look good.right? The only probalem is i cant get the tank to be nice and level with the carb so.. what are my options???

Please help.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Ed Smith

Default RE: Saito 82 please help

and i aralize that if somthing happens my nice new saito will BECOME
If something happens the position of the engine makes no difference. The engine goes into the mud first. If the engine is mounted too high relative to the tank it will create a fuel flow problem. For sure something will happen.

Mount the engine the way the design showed.

Ed S
Old 03-10-2007, 02:55 PM
oceansfiftyseven

The .82 runs great inverted. Besides, if you happen to scratch your valve covers, they are cheap to replace. It would make for a funny looking nose with 3 inches of saito protruding straight up.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Flying freak

When i was refering to somthign happeneing i ment somthign like gear colopse or gamed servos or dead AUX battery.