Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

saito 150 rebuild

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

saito 150 rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 08:27 PM
flyjay77

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default saito 150 rebuild

I am rebuilding a old saito 150 that I cracked the case on a few years ago , have done this many times with two stroke, I took apart the engine, everything is good till I put it back together , the engine seem a lot tight so I took the back plate off and saw a F on the Rod, thinking that this means front I took the cyl off and fliped the piston around, now I have no compreshon on the engine at all , its like the plugs out, the exaust has lots of presure and when plug, it shoots a lot of air out of the back plate tap fitting. befor I turned the piston around I had Loads of suck through the carb and loads of blow through the egaust . have not run it , I just turn it over with a prop . all I need now is help/ /

jason,
Old 03-11-2007, 08:49 AM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: saito 150 rebuild

sounds like the valve are not closing
Old 03-11-2007, 07:34 PM
BB Modss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: saito 150 rebuild

rebuilding a satio twin takes a lot of time,you might have galled the pistons up pretty bad if you mixed the conrod's up,pull it all apart and inspect every part again,make sure you toss a fresh set of piston and ring's in there,its a must for a decent rebuild. BTW it kinda sounds like you got the cam timing off..