Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

burning out motor

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

burning out motor

Old 03-17-2007, 12:43 PM
twinz3950

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default burning out motor

i have a e-flight p 47 thunderbolt arf kit. i have used every part the the manual recommened but the battery. It says to use a 3 cell 11.1v 2100 mah battery. i already had a parzone 3 cell 2200mah battery and decided to use it. i have burnt out two stock brushed mottors and one speed controll. i am using a e-flight 20 amp brushed speed control. why are my motors burning out. is it the battery or speed control.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: burning out motor

Sounds like the ESC is the culprit. Have you programmed the ESC correctly - number and type of cells, brake, timing, etc. ?
Old 03-17-2007, 10:29 PM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: burning out motor

This might be answered better in the electric discussion section.
I'm surprised the instructions say 11.1 volts into a 7 volt motor. I've been using an 8 cell 2,000 mah NiMh 9.6 packs for my 400 and 480 motors. Advancing the timing on the 6v 400 or 7v 480 motor, the 9.6v makes it scream but cuts the life in half. Your 3c pack works much better on the brushless system. Is your pack the 10, 12, 15 or 20c dump rate ?