Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

building

Old 03-18-2007, 06:33 PM
chuckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default building

am building am 1st air plane in many years. it a arf pt-17 stearman 71.5 top wing 69.1/2 bottom powered by a .91 4 stroke. my question is, i had some promblem attaching the aliron to the wind and the space between them is about 1/8 of an inch, just on one the left, its much further than the paper thin space suggested. how will this effect the flight
Old 03-18-2007, 06:40 PM
flipstart

Default RE: building

Probably not much on that particularairplane, but I would not like the way it looks, cut the hinges, make new slots and rehinge, you will be much happier with everything like it should be.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:49 PM
chuckflyer

Thankyou, it dosnt look to bad and if it does not effect the fight i will keep it. will see on its maden flight, if it really nees to be done then i will . thanks again friend.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:28 PM
lilhachet
My Feedback: (2)

it will also help to seal the bottom of your hinge line. I just take a piece of covering, same color as wing, about 1/2 - 5/8 of an inch wide and the lengh of your airlon
Old 04-10-2007, 04:03 PM
chuckflyer

I just finished building the pt 17 stearman. had some question and got some good help from fellow members thanks. i have another question. i installed the radio, a futaba 6channel computer and pluged the servos into the reciever. but the rudder and aliron servos dont respond. iknow for sure there pluged into the right channels. any idea. is it something on the radio?