Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

I need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 09:02 AM
tkigar
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I need help

OK I blew it !!!!! I was working in the garage and tripped on the receiver antenna. It snapped in the middle. Here is my question, Can i solder the wire together again and put some shrink tube on it? or did I just ruin a new 7 channel receiver? will it affect my freq? by being a lil shorter.......shorter meaning like 2-3 mm ? just enough to splice together? thanks for your help Tim
Old 02-15-2003, 09:43 AM
Steve Lewin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help

If it is JUST snapped in the middle you can reconnect it. It certainly won't affect the frequency and you will not notice any effect on the range from a couple of mm.

But do check very carefully that you did not strain the antenna connection inside the receiver when you snapped the wire. At the very least you should do a full range check.

Steve
Old 02-15-2003, 01:30 PM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

Default I need help

A little bit shorter will never hurt you (at least not with antennas )

But more importantly, do as Steve suggested , make sure you did not pull out or damage the connection at the receiver.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Q-Ball
My Feedback: (1)

Default I'm guilty also

I'll admit I've done the same thing and with no other choice decided to solder it back. Mine snapped closer to the reciever. Soldered it and it works fine.Do a good range check after you got it done.When you do the range check make sure you have someone kinda wiggling the antenna wire at a good distance to see if you get any unwanted movement.