Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

JR XP7202 Radio

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

JR XP7202 Radio

Old 03-21-2007, 02:59 PM
paul64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XP7202 Radio

Is there anyone using this radio that can tell me how to reverse my ailerons? I have flaperon wing type selected. Right wing servo is plugged into Aileron on Rx. Left wing servo is plugged into Aux. 1 on Rx. Ailerons work, but in reverse. When i try to reverse the servo in the radio...the ailerons work together like flaps or an elevator. There is no servo reverse option for Aux. 1, and I tried reversing the servo wires on the Rx with no change in the problem. I know its not an equip. problem due to the fact I did have this working correctly once...but i accidently erased the plane memory out of my radio. Now i can't remember what it was i did and the manual is very vague.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:13 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: JR XP7202 Radio

The easiest way to do what you are wanting to do is to take out the flaperon mixing (turn it off), and then mix aileron with aux 1 (or whatever channel you have the left servo plugged into) on mix 5 or 6. Those two mixes incorporate trim--where your aileron trim on the front panel will move both servos at the same time. Then, set them up as opposite on the mix. Now, you can reverse your aileron in the setup, and it will automatically reverse the other by default. You can fine tune the trim on both channels through subtrim, and then trim the ailerons together using the trim tab on the front of the radio. Unless you are actually using flaperons, there is no need for that particular mix to be turned on. Using the mixes 5 and 6 are much more flexible. In fact, you could even mix both channels on any of the other mixes, and map it to the flap switch, and still have flaperons. Using this mix, the surfaces would deflect in the same direction if you set it up that way, but the other mix would still allow your ailerons to move with aileron input--to the extremes of travel availability, of course.
Hope this makes sense.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:40 PM
paul64

I get the jist of what you mean...tried doing that. Still doesn't work right. When i go to reverse the servos (doesn't matter which one) that particular servo reverses and then when u move the stick in the opposite direction ailerons work together again. Then when i try to split the diff on %'s I can only get one aileron to move. I tried slaving my gear to my aileron. Can't slave aux 1...its not an option.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Ed_Moorman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your 7202 has a reverse for all channels and you don't need to mix. It is a very capable radio.

Before you start, DO A RESET. You may have some bad mixing programmed into your transmitter.

When you select a Flaperon wing type, your channel 6, Aux1 may come up as Flaps. The right aileron servo goes into the aileron channel, ch2 and the left aileron servo goes into the flap channel, ch6. If both ailerons are going the wrong direction, you'll need to change both the ch2 and ch6 reverse.

Another thing to think of, you may want to inhibit the flap switch if it is such that you can get the ailerons out of position in flight and not get them back in the center. If I plan to use flaps, I assign my flaps to the 3-position switch.

If you need help again on a JR programming problem, you might want to consider going to the RAdio Manufacturers Direct Support forum. It is listed as a sub forum of this forum. Danny can answer all your questions.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:08 PM
paul64

Did write to Danny this morning...thanx anyways
Old 03-21-2007, 10:11 PM
2slow2matter

The way I told you works, that is how I have two planes set up. I may not have conveyed it right in words, but AUX 1 can most definitely be slaved. If you don't get any answers by tomorrow evening, I'll get my radio out of the trailer and list to you the exact mixing I used, since it's been a while since I've looked at it!>