Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

oil in the gas tank !

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

oil in the gas tank !

Old 03-27-2007, 08:59 AM
rolliedog12
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil in the gas tank !

I am currently attempting to break in a new magnum 1.20 2 stroke engine. I noticed that the tank inside the plane turned a little darker than the normal gas color. When I pumped the gas back out of the tank it was darker and appeared to have burnt oil from the muffler in it. This does not look normal to me. Any ideas why this has occured? And how do I solve this? Help!!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: oil in the gas tank !

When you started it , did you put your finger over the muffler outlet. This sometimes will blow residue from the muffler into the tank.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:08 AM
rolliedog12
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes I did do that......maybe that's the answer. Damnit, why didn't I think of that?
thanks insanedog!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Rodney

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makes no difference whether you place your finger over the muffler exit or not. To pressurize the tank, you get exhaust gases (loaded with used oil etc.) forced back into the tank. That is how the pressurizing works and what you see is a very normal occurance for all using pressurized tanks.