Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Nitro Model's (nitroplanes.com) Airplanes - Are They Good?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Nitro Model's (nitroplanes.com) Airplanes - Are They Good?

Old 03-28-2007, 05:09 PM
FlyingPlanes13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Model's (nitroplanes.com) Airplanes - Are They Good?

Hi, are Nitro Model's planes good? Do they come with good instructions? Are they easy to assemble? Are they good quality? Sorry about all of these questions

I will appreciate it if you can even answer one of the questions

Here is the link to their website: http://www.nitroplanes.com/

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2007, 05:15 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Model's (nitroplanes.com) Airplanes - Are They Good?

I have built several, and a lot depends on the plane you choose, and your building experience.

The manual? Forget it. If you NEED step-by-step instruction, look elsewhere. Their manuals are among the worst I have ever seen.

Overall aircraft quality has been very good in the planes I saw, but their one downfall is any plane that has wire landing gear. The wire is not heat-treated (or at least, not PROPERLY heat-treated) and bends much too easily.

So if you can build without instruction, and don't mind bending your own music wire for gear, the planes are a great price.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:20 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Use the RCU search function. You will find hours of reading. General consensus is as MinnFlyer stated. I will ad that customer support and replacement parts seem to be non existant from Nitri Models.
AK Models
http://www.ak-models.com/
sells many of the same kits and seems to support the customer much better.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Flyboy76
My Feedback: (14)

What i would do if you see a model on there that you like go to the Nitro planes forum which is a sub-forum in the ARF-RTF forum and ask around for opinions on the plane. Also if you decide to purchase one from them post on the forum that you have and make sure that the guys from Nitro-planes that work that forum know it and you should be fine. I would also ask them any questions that you might have about availability on the plane you are looking at as sometimes there inventory counts are out.
If you have never assembled an arf before don't buy from them as their manuals are the worst in the business but you can't beat thier price!!
Flyboy76
Old 03-28-2007, 09:54 PM
FlyingPlanes13

I'm actually building my first ARF now, so I think I am going to have to wait a little bit before I can order from nitroplanes.com.

Thanks guys!

Bill
Old 03-29-2007, 02:34 AM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
Nitroplanes is only a distributor for a variety of brands, CMPro, (China Model Products) is one of them, the red & white Katana is a CMPro, & is real gem, great to put together & brilliant to fly, once trimmed, with an OS 160FX & a 16 or 17x10 APC prop.
I also have the Yak 54, 46 to 70 size, I have an OS 61FX in it swinging a 14x4 prop, it is way overpowered, & would be ideal with a good 46, but I don't own a 46, so I used the 61.
The early Yak 54's had a very weak horrizontal stab, but that has been fixed now, It flies very well indeed, I also added a second elevator servo, it's much easier to trim, & the extra weight of the second servo, helped with balancing.
I can easily do knife edge circuits, with no roll coupling.
I'm using a Spektrum DX7 radio.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43886.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	652251