Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Mixing question from a Noob....

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Mixing question from a Noob....

Old 03-31-2007, 10:54 PM
SportsterFan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixing question from a Noob....

I have a Futaba 6XAS Radio. I'm setting it up with My SuperSportster .90

I have two Servos for alierons (not in a "Y" harness) these plug into Channel1 and Channel6. I can use the Flaperon function this way. Next is the Elevators (Super Sportster .90 has split elevators) I want to run a servo for each elevator and use the 5th Channel and Mix it with Channel 2. Here is the issue channel 5 is a Gear Channel. I can only get the elevator on Channel 5 to only move one way. Does anyone know if I can get Channel 5 to operate as a "Normal" channel so I can use it for the second elevator Channel?

I've tried changing the SubTrim... no luck

Maybe Time for a different Radio
Old 04-01-2007, 01:57 AM
mvallyman
My Feedback: (32)

Default RE: Mixing question from a Noob....

I believe on the 6xas you have to run both elevator servos on a Y harness and hopfully they operate close enough without mixing, this is how I did it on my 6xas with dual elevator servos.

On the futaba 9C you can use channel 8 for the second elevator servo and trim it separatly.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:09 AM
jetmech05

If you're a newbie, I hope this is a third airplane. This is too much airplane to learn on and probably too much airplane for a second aircraft.
Hope you have an instructor.
good luck
Old 04-01-2007, 09:59 AM
venom290

I use that radio on my funtana 90( dual elev. servos). I have an inline mixer, not sure if thats the right name the right name for it, but thats what it does. Both servos plug into it and it has a small ajustment knob to center or line up the elev. halves. Works great.
venom