Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Glennis Wheels and Tires

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Glennis Wheels and Tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 05:59 AM
rwright142

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glennis Wheels and Tires

I'm building a Brian Taylor 1/6 Scale (82" wingspan) F4U Corsair and have custom made retracts with Glennis wheels and tires. If you have the Glennis tires, what did you use to raise/lower them? If air, what size cylinder, pressure, etc? If mechanical, what do you use?

NOTE: The problem is NOT with the Glennis tires - I want to make that perfectly clear. Working with Dennis from Glennis has been great. He has been very supportive. I just need to know what others are using to get them to raise and lower.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25124.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	657422   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj25778.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	657423  
Old 04-05-2007, 07:13 AM
GlennisAircraft
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Anyone Using Glennis Wheels and Tires?

What size cylinders are on these gear? How much air pressure? - The wheels are the first thing to blame - but they usually aren't the problem. You need to insure that you have an accurate pressure reading on what the system has - not using the little pop out valve, but a real guage that is not out of calibration. There are other factors also - binding, etc.

Start with sending these gear to us (retracts also), and let's see what the problem is. With the number of sets we have out there with all popular brands of gear, it is hard for me to believe this set won't raise or lower.

Dennis
Old 04-05-2007, 07:18 AM
rwright142

Dennis,

You have been great working with me and it is NOT your product. I apologize if I gave that impression and I will edit my initial post.
It's not that they are NOT raising and lowering, just that it is taking quite some time. I am still checking on the cylinder and have a larger one coming - I suspect it is that the one I had was not strong enough. Once the tests are completed I will post the results.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:54 AM
GlennisAircraft
My Feedback: (1)

With the title "Anyone Using Glennis Wheels" gives the impression that virtually no one must be using them. Keep in mind we are right at 20 years in business, so it's hard to make a living on a set here and a set there - certainly if they wouldn't retract.

I am aware of the specific gear that you are using, but have never seen one - I'm curious of why there is the degree of difficulty in lifting.

Is that gear sold as "mechanical" and you supply the cylinder seperately?

Dennis
Old 04-05-2007, 08:07 AM
rwright142

I didn't realize the title was misleading, no offense intended.

The reason for my question is to see what others are using, that's all. I'm not suggesting the problem is with your product, as I noted above.

Are you aware of what others have used to get them to raise and lower?