Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

JR R770S possible cut antenna?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

JR R770S possible cut antenna?

Old 04-07-2007, 04:49 PM
awolfe9
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR R770S possible cut antenna?

Got the receiver in a combo deal, but it looks like the antenna may have been cut. It thought it looked a little short and it measures exactly 32 inches. From all the info i've found it should be 39. I'm wondering if I should use the receiver or if I can use a whip antenna with it? I just don't want to have any reception issues. Can I have your input/wisdom guys?
Old 04-07-2007, 05:13 PM
bbbair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR R770S possible cut antenna?

The best thing to do is replace the antenna with one that is the correct length.

That having been said; the loss of so little will not make a lot of difference, unless you plan on doing a lot of flying 2 miles out you will not see any difference in performance.

BUT...

HOW was the antenna shortened? Cut - no real problem, Stretched until it broke... hmmm are there any OTHER breaks in the wire that you cannot see ??

A GOOD ground check is HIGHLY recommended.
Ahh the joy of getting a good deal on a used piece of equipment.

Plan 'B' send the receiver back to a maintenance centre to be checked out and have the antenna replaced. - Cheaper than loosing and AC.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:19 PM
aerowoof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

play it safe go with plan b
Old 04-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Rodney

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can solder, replacing the antenna yourself is no big deal. Just use any flexable multistrand wire 28 to 22 gage that is 39 to 41 inches long and solder it onto the PC board where the present on is. You can also just solder on an extension using suitable wire to make the combined length 39 to 41 inches long. As stated above, you can probably get by quite well as is if you pass a range check okay as the loss of range will be quite small with the reduced length.