Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Pusher Help Needed!

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Pusher Help Needed!

Old 04-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Han2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pusher Help Needed!

Does anyone have an idea of which pusher glow engines would work well for a .40 to .46 size pusher prop A-10? I'm Really new at all of this and have heard that overheating can be an issue and also that helicopter engines would work better. What is the popular concensus??? I'm really relying on your guys experience, so very much Thank You
Old 04-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Live Wire

Default RE: Pusher Help Needed!

Han
The motors are the same but the props have reverse pitch. Make your choice and install it.
Just stay with the ball bearing crank engines no bushed shafts[:'(]
Old 04-08-2007, 06:22 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You're really new and you're flying an A-10?

You HAVE successfully mastered flying a trainer - right?
Old 04-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Flying freak

Welcome to RCU lots of great info here

Dont want to be an @$$ but if he hasnt successfully flown a trainer i dont think engine is going to make much of a difference the end result will probably be the same with ANY engine that will get it off the gorund

Old 04-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Han2007

I appreciate the help, I'm currently training on the FS One simulater, a T-IFO, and a Sig Kadet with a .46 glow engine. A new friend of mine is supervising me and he has been flying for over twenty years.

The A-10 is a kit that is from a friend of my dad's that I was given 10 years ago (given to me to kindle my interest I suppose) and regrettably I never finished it. It'll probably be a while before I am able to keep up with a pusher prop, but eventually actually flying it is something that has been on my to-do list for far to long and I really love A-10s. I just don't want to burn up a new engine out of ignorance. Especially since it's only recently that I have finally been able to financially afford getting into this hobby (without getting shot be my wife).

I've also been desperately trying to research a way to use ducted fans in it, but I'm beginning to think and discover that is just wishful thinking.

I really do appreciate all of the advice.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:10 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, I just wanted to be sure.

The one advise I always have for first-time pusher users is this:

Make sure you put the prop on the right way.

Most pusher props (But not all) have the brand name on the front of the prop - just like regular props do. That is the FRONT of the prop - It should face the FRONT of the PLANE.

On a standard front-mounted engine, the writing on the prop faces forward - away from the engine. I have seen many people mount a pusher prop with the writing away from the engine, but that is backward and will result in very little thrust