Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

1.80 Saito Question

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

1.80 Saito Question

Old 04-12-2007, 01:44 PM
BANJOAIRPLANE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.80 Saito Question

Ok,here goes.How do you start this thing?I mean do you use an electric starter or a chicken stick?Or do you flip it by hand?
I tried my starter and it won't do it.I got it started with a chicken stick,but it didn't like it very much.It kept throwing my stick down the field![X(]Am I going to have to buy a bigger starter or can I safely flip this with a gloved hand?[:-]Any words of wisdom will be muchly appreciated!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:10 PM
bhole74

Default RE: 1.80 Saito Question

If using a chicken stick, rotate the motor CLOCKWISE to the compression stroke, then give it a flip in the same direction (clockwise). It will kick back in the CC direction. This may sound backwards, but it is much easier.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:22 PM
macdona
My Feedback: (3)

I start mine with a Kavan starter on eighteen volts. Never has failed me.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:31 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I have a regulator on mine and cant prime it enough for a back flip. If you can that is the best way. For mine I activate the throttle cut function on my radio. This closes the throttle all the way. Then the starter will spin it. Once it gets to spinning I turn the throttle cut off. This returns the throttle back to idle and it will start right up. You could also do this with your throttle trim switch.

David
Old 04-13-2007, 04:29 AM
BANJOAIRPLANE

Ok,both the back flip which I have seen but never tried and the close the throttle method sounds like a couple of ways to try.I've seen some 24 volt starters and if I don't have success with one of the other methods soon,I'll look into putting out the cash.Thanks guys!