Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

PPM or 2.4 gig??? PCM????

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

PPM or 2.4 gig??? PCM????

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:44 AM
DocWill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPM or 2.4 gig??? PCM????

Iam planning on upgrading my radio for my Sig Mid Star. Iam currently flying a futaba skysport 4 channel for my Goldberg Eagle II. I wish to keep that radio and receiver with that plane. Any suggestions on PPM or the new 2.4 gig technology???? What bout PCM???I want to go to a 6 channel for using the transmitter for other aircraft in the future. Being away from the hobby for so many years, all the new technology is kicking my A*&.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:55 AM
fancman
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: PPM or 2.4 gig??? PCM????

I think you answered your own question.....The future is 2.4 why invest in outgoing techknowlogy and why keep old radios when the new stuff will handle all your airplanes with one transmitter. Just my huble opinion.

ORIGINAL: DocWill

Iam planning on upgrading my radio for my Sig Mid Star. Iam currently flying a futaba skysport 4 channel for my Goldberg Eagle II. I wish to keep that radio and receiver with that plane. Any suggestions on PPM or the new 2.4 gig technology???? What bout PCM???I want to go to a 6 channel for using the transmitter for other aircraft in the future. Being away from the hobby for so many years, all the new technology is kicking my A*&.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:03 AM
DocWill

Would the 2.4 work with my current receiver(channel 34) in my Eagle? Or would it require a 2.4 matched receiver in each aircraft?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:08 AM
fancman

You would have to upgrade everything. 2.4 isn't compatible with your old receivers. I plan on upgrading all my stuff to 2.4 soon and all the old stuff will go on the shelf or be given away. I can't wait for the first day I go to the field and don't have to worry about a frequency pin or getting shot down by someone on my freq ever again. SWEET!!!! I'm waiting on the new Futaba gear. Their stuff looks great with the FASST system.

ORIGINAL: DocWill

Would the 2.4 work with my current receiver(channel 34) in my Eagle? Or would it require a 2.4 matched receiver in each aircraft?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:40 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

With everyone selling their old systems cheap, I plan to buy a lot of cheap old systems

They will be fine for several years to come, and by then the 2.4 systems will be a lot cheaper

(Yea, so I'm cheap, so what?)
Old 04-30-2007, 01:26 PM
fancman

LOL I'll keep you in mind. I'll bet you'll be the guy with five airplanes and five transmitters all on different frequencies. LOL Lot's of Yall around.

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

With everyone selling their old systems cheap, I plan to buy a lot of cheap old systems

They will be fine for several years to come, and by then the 2.4 systems will be a lot cheaper

(Yea, so I'm cheap, so what?)