Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Binding Spektrum AR7000

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Binding Spektrum AR7000

Old 05-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Tbone4life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Binding Spektrum AR7000

I've just recently bought another AR7000 reciver for my Nexstar and my question is?

Do you have to use or have Spektrums charge switch with 3 wires to bind the AR7000? I have a JR that has only 2 wires for the battery and it wont bind with that one. Maybe thats why spektrum has three wires on thier charge switch? is there anyway around this?

Any Ideas?
Old 05-08-2007, 08:19 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Binding Spektrum AR7000

I read where others are having the same problem with the AR7000, so I pulled one down and did a little experimenting with it. To answer your question, if you use the bind plug yes you have to have a 3 wire switch harness in order to put the receiver into bind mode. But, there are work arounds to this. In essence all the bind plug does is jump pin 1 to pin 3 in the battery jack. So there are several ways to do this. 1) plug the battery into another channel location on the receiver leaving the actual battery slot empty, then use tweezers (or something else metal) to touch pin one and pin 3 at the same time. This will put the receiver into bind mode. 2) plug a Y-harness into the battery slot and plug the battery into one side of the Y-harness, then use something metal to touch pins 1 and 3 on the other side of the Y-harness. 3) Plug the battery into to battery slot on the receiver, and then you should be able to see the metal slots in the battery plug. Use a tweezer to jump pins 1 and 3.

I've tested all of these and they work for putting the receiver into bind mode.

Hope this helps

Ken
Old 05-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Tbone4life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Binding Spektrum AR7000

I knew it just crossed the pins, but was unsure about doing it. basically you can bind it like the AR6100 with the plug that comes with the 6100.

Thanks for the help.