Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Mounting aileron servos on Sig 4* 60

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Mounting aileron servos on Sig 4* 60

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Brewboy74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting aileron servos on Sig 4* 60

I am getting ready to mount my ailerons on a kit built 4*. They mount side ways and I am not going to use a Y harness. Do I mount them facing the same direction or oposite? I was expecting them to mount flat so I am not sure. Any help much appriciated.

thanks
Brian
Old 06-03-2007, 02:00 AM
alan0899

Default RE: Mounting aileron servos on Sig 4* 60

G'day Brian,
Mount them any way you need to, & because you are not using a "Y" harness, you can reverse them from the TX, as required.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:58 AM
Brewboy74

Thanks, that makes things easy. Another thing I have noticed is that there are no holes for the servo wires to go into the fuse. Do I need to cut them in any particular spot?

Brian
Old 06-03-2007, 08:25 AM
LANNYBOB

ORIGINAL: Brewboy74

Thanks, that makes things easy. Another thing I have noticed is that there are no holes for the servo wires to go into the fuse. Do I need to cut them in any particular spot?

Brian
undefined
yes you'll have too make small holes in the fuse. make em straight where the wires come through the wings.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:11 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You will need to make a couple of holes in the wing center for the wires to enter into the fusalage. If you are not using a y harness you will need have a radio that can be programmed to have the ailerons work on 2 seperate channels. You can mount the servos flat with just the control arm hanging out of the wing, however I prefer to mount them with the top part of the servo on the outside of the wing. You can build a little box around it for the covering to stick to when you get to that step. You may need some extension wires for your servo's so the wires will make it into the fuselage. Why are you not wanting to use a Y harness? Good Luck, Dave
Old 06-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Brewboy74

Thanks for the info. I am not using the Y harness because I already have my Tx set up to operate theaileron servos without it. Figure why change it if its already working. Not sure I really understand the the Y harness anyway. I guess you mount the pushrods on opostie sides and the push/pull that way?

Brian
Old 06-03-2007, 08:58 PM
bigdarylg

four star .60 has paper wing tubes to run wires thru and plans show 3/4 square cutouts to bring the wires thru to the fuselage
Old 06-04-2007, 05:56 AM
jetmech05

Slow down. All these things are covered in detail in the instructions. Look at the aileron servo covers. You'll notice there are slots for the servo arms to stick through. When I built my 4* the instructions told you what size hole and where to drill for the servo leads. Be careful there if you get the hole too big it will show on the outside of the fuse when the wing is installed. Bigdarylg he's talking about the leads actually exitting the center of the wing.
Oh yea... when you install the wing in the fuse let us know we have all kinds of ways to seal that gap in the wing saddle.
Good Luck You'll like the 4*
Old 06-04-2007, 12:06 PM
scratchonly

You can mount both servos with the control arms in or both out. Even with a Y. Remember for ailerons you want the movement opposite.