Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hydrofoam/Flydroboat vs Storm Launcher

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hydrofoam/Flydroboat vs Storm Launcher

Old 06-12-2007, 05:04 AM
candowill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydrofoam/Flydroboat vs Storm Launcher

Ok Heres my questions:

1. Have You Heard of any of these products
2. Is your information first or second hand
3. Which is better

if the first answer is No

then see the videos here
Hydrofoam/Flydroboat [link=http://www.thatwebstore.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=942]Hydrofoam/Flydroboat Video[/link]
Stormlauncher [link=http://youtube.com/watch?v=QsRJ6RtH588]Storm Launcher Video[/link]

i want one but don't know which.
any answer!!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 09:46 PM
HydroFoamNut

Default RE: Hydrofoam/Flydroboat vs Storm Launcher

I bought a Storm Launcher after seeing the video,
and while you may be able to edit a video to look like the one they have, I don’t think it is very accurate.

The one I bought could not start moving on the grass by itself,
if you got up some speed then it could go about 40 yards on the grass before it would grind to a stop.

It would work on dirt with a small amount of grass on it.

But I would call it severely under powered,
and on dirt with a slight incline it was not able to take off.

So if you want to do vertical climbs and short take offs, then you need something else,
If you have 50 yards of concrete and you just want to take off and fly then it will work fine.

It is also pretty durable, and will take a pretty good crash and not sustain much damage.
So I think it is not a bad one for someone learning, but if you want to look cool and do stunts then like I said, you need something else.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:59 PM
fozjared

not anything to write home about, especially for the price! i bought one when the first came out like a year ago and i had to throw it to fly unless off of concrete with a FULLY charged battery. i only got it to lift off of water twice the rest of the times it just ran around like a junky boat, also it didnt fly worth a flip! it was like one of those old radio systems where you set the throttle at full and just used a rudder only operated by a electromagnetic servo that the servo just waved the whole time it was in flight. the storm launcher just rocks from side to side the whole time it is in the air, it flies terribly!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:55 AM
candowill

Thanks peeps i got me a Flydroboat
and while i had some problems (most caused by me) it seems to be the way.

Bad Points
out of the two i bought initally
and the 3 body kits i've used
tends to turn more rapidly to the right than the left (even after servo adjustment)
I found that if i remounted the rudder on the tail it all worked out.

Good Points
Powerfull - Oh hell yes
Fast - Oh Hell Yeah
Cheap to repair/completely re-build (my perffered) £26 full body (no elec)

My Story
There's no video for this, but iv'e got it vertical spinning like in the Hydroboat vid (mind you i crashed after but i had all ready damaged it and didn't care at the time)
Had it on water not so good at medium speed but at slow works nice and smooth so you can get used to it and skips along at high speed (Be Warned - if windy and u hit a ripple your in the air and i'm guessing that no matter what version u have, crashing into the middle of a lake is not a good idea.
Ground - ok it's all about how long the grass is. If it gets mowed by the blade when not moving then it more than likely not going anywhere.
TOP QUALITY 8/10