Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 FuntanaX 100 vs. Seagull Yak54

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hanger 9 FuntanaX 100 vs. Seagull Yak54

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Kevlar
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hanger 9 FuntanaX 100 vs. Seagull Yak54

So, I'm looking at these two birds, both have their PRO's and CON's. I have a Saito 1.00 ready (NIB) and its looking for a home.

I've reviewed both manuals (ARF's) and need some input. Thoughts?
- If you have or had one of these what did you think? (Setup detail please!)
- Likes and Dislikes?
- Any Lessons Learned?
- Hindsight: Would you not have bought after the fact and is so why not?
- Would the Saito 1.00 be right for 3D if propped correctly? ( I also have an OS .91 pumped, would that be better served?)
- Any thoughts/concerns/insight I may have missed would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2007, 12:00 AM
mxracerx43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hanger 9 FuntanaX 100 vs. Seagull Yak54

Hello I would go with the 50X If I where you and plan on using a Satio100. I have the 100 x with A Satio 125 it flys great for me and has no problem hovering and will pull out with what seems to me as good power using a 16X4w APC prop. I can also bring harriers right down to the ground and at the last second fly away from almost an idle with this setup. I do hear others in the 100X forum saying the 125 is not enough so I do not think it would be good in the 100X I have a Satio 100 in my Hangar-9 P-51 and I would not want it in the Funtana. As far as the Funtana it is a blast to fly the SFGs help it high alpha unbelivably.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:33 AM
meaden

I'm assembling a Seagull YAK now. The only thing I don't like is the engine mount. I'll be replacing it and mounting the engine horizontally with a pitts muffler. Other than that the kit seems to be well constructed and reasonably light. Worth the money so far.

Mine should top out at a little over 8lb. I removed the pilot figure and the canopy floor and painted the inside black. I won't be using the wheel pants either. That saved quite a few ounces (probably half a pound.) Mine will have an OS 91FX that I'm sure will fly it well but I don't think it would be enough grunt for 3D. I fly more precision style though so I'm sure it will do what I want it to.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:01 PM
flynavy

I just purchased a funtanna 100 and Iwent through the box to find anything wrong. AllIcan say is bravo hangar 9!!! This airplane has to be the finest airplane for the money. The mannual leave nothing to chance, everything is covered. The yak is also a good plane but in my opinion the instructions leave some things to be desired, plus i've read elsewere in these discussions that there has been problems with structural failures. The hardware for the Funtanna is top shelf, all the pushrods are plated 440 with nylon ball links on all controls. Get this, the fuel tank is frully plumbed and the fuel lines are on also. The landing gear and wingtube are made of carbon fiber. To top it all off, the covering job is the best Ive ever seen, the paint even matches the covering. I dont work for that company but I'm sold on this product I hope t6his helps you decide what to get. I'm installing an ST90 wih pitts muffler it should satisfy my need for speed.

NEVER GIVE UP WHEN YOU'RE FLYING INVERTED!!!!!! FLYNAVY