Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

For my 3rd plane

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

For my 3rd plane

Old 06-22-2007, 04:06 PM
spiral_72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For my 3rd plane

I'm on my second plane now. My third will be a .40 low wing kit that I am building. For my fourth I'm in love with the Corsair.

Could I get comments or opinions on this plane? This one seems almost to good to be true. Top Flight has one too, but it's slightly more expensive and without the retracts.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HAN2575
Old 06-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Spitfire222

Default RE: For my 3rd plane

Although I do not have any first hand experience on this plane, I have heard lots of good things about the Hangar-9 sport-scale warbirds. Apparently they fly very well, and given that this will be your 4th plane, you seem to have taken a good path leading up to warbirds. (That low-wing plane as a 3rd plane was a good idea.)

Don't forget that you can always use the Search function for the forums. I'm sure there is a ton of info about this plane, and almost certainly some extensive assembly/discussion threads about this specific plane.

Personally, I dont think you can even compare the Hangar 9 Corsair ARF to the Top-Flite Corsair, the biggest difference being the TF one is a kit. Also, I'm pretty sure the retracts alone for the TF Corsair probably cost almost as much as the entire Hangar 9 one. I'm basing this on the cost of the retracts for my TF Fw-190, and those aren't rotating ones like a Corsair's. [:-]

Others may need to confirm, but I think you should do fine with this plane. You could always have an experienced flyer/instructor look it over for you once you assemble it, and even maiden it for you if you feel the need. Good luck with whatever you do! [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 06-25-2007, 02:17 PM
spiral_72

Thanks for the info. I did do a search. This must be a fairly new offering for them. I found some magazine articles, but these may be biased. Dunno.

You are right abut the TF retracts.... They are about 50% cost of the airframe, maybe more since I don't know much about retracts just yet. A pretty tough sell for a guy on a budget. The TF seems to be a very nice high quality plane though. Haven't found much on the Hanger 9 Corsair yet.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:19 PM
spiral_72

Actually the subject is wrong.... it'd actually be my 4th... Oh well.