Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

brushless conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

brushless conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:06 PM
sansouci01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brushless conversion

I have a hobbico funzone cessna 182 that I want to convert to brushless. Anyone done this or have a suggestion for a motor and esc setup. thanks
Old 07-08-2007, 08:35 PM
kauffs894

Default RE: brushless conversion

the conversion is not that hard if you know a few things. the first is what kind of flying you want to do. second is the weight of the plane. these two things will lead you to the whatt output needed for your choice of flight and the esc required to control the motor. So, in conclusion the answer to your question is, It all depends on the weight of the plane. I saw an article in Model airplane news a few months back that put it all into perspective. I will find the month of the issue and post it later.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go direct the greatplanes website there are conversion tables from brushed to brushless giving you a recommended motor, esc and battery.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:39 AM
kauffs894

The issue of Model airplane news, August 2006 page 32, gives conversions and spells out the reasons for the combinations of ESC, Battery and Motor. This was a life saver for me when I got started in the conversion process. There's more to the electrics than you might think. Hope this helps,
I have never looked at the grestplanes website but any information is good information, so I'd check that out as well.

Steve.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Clint H
My Feedback: (1)

I not sure if your interested in this size of motor for that plane, but Tower Hobbies has a Frio 10 for $12.49 right now. I tried one; they seem to be a bit heavy, but good motors for the price. I think they're comparable to a 400 size motor.

www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLVG8&P=ML

-Clint