Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Asrto Hog Hinges HELLLLP!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Asrto Hog Hinges HELLLLP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 10:53 PM
Six-Shtr
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asrto Hog Hinges HELLLLP!

Two related questions.....the kit comes with some sort of fabric covered plastic things that appear to be hinges.....are they , in fact, hinges and do they work with CA? Secondly, the directions say to install 5 aileron hinges as per the plans, but the plans call for 3 hinges....that's the question...3 or 5?? Thanks.....BTW this kit is the sandingness I have built in awhile! Sand, Sand, Sand........cough, hack, Sand, saaaaaannnnnnddddd.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:39 PM
BingoFlyer

First, the plastic covered material is the hinges they are designed for installation using THIN CA after covering. I cut a slot for the hinges with a no. 11 exacto blade before covering you will then have to cut through the covering so you can install the hinges, push a pin through the center of the hinge and install in TE of wing/stab/rudder and then control surface (the pin keeps the hinge centered so you have equal material in both parts). After the parts a hinged remove pins and close up the gap between surfaces ( use a piece of card stock for a spacer so there is no binding) then put four or five drops of thin CA on each hinge (both top and bottom)

I would use five hinges for each aileron and three on each side of the elevators, four on the rudder. You will probably not need to seal the gap doing it this way (the gap should be less than 1/32" if you followed these instructions) IF after your first high speed pass there is some flutter sealing of the hinges will be called for.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:11 AM
Six-Shtr

Alright! Thanks, Bingo Flyer...I will do it EXACTLY like you said....thanks for the quick reply!!!!!
Old 03-06-2003, 02:52 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Six Shtr, read this:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/reviews.ph...ew&reviewid=55
Old 03-06-2003, 10:54 PM
Six-Shtr

OK...got it....I would not have removed the covering....and the CA would probably have wicked down into the COVERING.....THANKS!