Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Will ISC-300 Do the Trick?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Will ISC-300 Do the Trick?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 10:13 PM
dqchicago

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will ISC-300 Do the Trick?

I just purchased the Hobbico "Fly Zone" Sky Pilot and have a GWS ISC-300 Esc that I would like to use. The plane comes with a 380 motor and a 1100 mAh 8.4v Ni-mH battery.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:22 AM
AviationNut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Will ISC-300 Do the Trick?

Since the ICS-300 can only handle 8A, I wouldn't use it for this application. Best to get an ESC in the 12-15 amp range to be safe.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:57 AM
dqchicago

Thank you for your reply. The Sky Pilot instructions do say to use an ESC that is rated for 12A however the technical specs for the ISC-300 states 8A / 15A. Does this mean it can handle this set up or am I misinterpreting?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:42 PM
AviationNut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 15A rating is for a short burst only. GWS doesn't say just how long that is, but most ESCs are rated for a burst of only a few seconds. You can try this ESC if you like, but if you do, I would suggest you first try it on the ground giving full throttle in 30 sec. runs - let the motor cool between runs. If the ESC doesn't burn up, then make sure there is airflow to the ESC (in flight conditions) and go ahead and fly it.

Myself, I would just get a bigger ESC to be safe. No sense risking burning out a good ESC when you can get another for so cheap. Up to you, though.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:41 PM
dqchicago

Thank you for the info. I am going to get the recommended 12A ESC as I do not want to damage any of my equipment.