Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

FDLabs mixII elevon/v-tail mixer

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

FDLabs mixII elevon/v-tail mixer

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 06:26 PM
rbeluche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FDLabs mixII elevon/v-tail mixer

Does anyone have info/connection directions for this mixer? It comes with two futaba plugs, but the wire colors do not indicate which is positive, negative or signal. I don't want to take a chance with frying it, the reciever or the servos. HELP!!!

Frank
"[email protected]"
Old 07-05-2007, 03:18 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: FDLabs mixII elevon/v-tail mixer

red is always hot or positive, should be in center. Black is ground and white is signal. If you plug it in backwards in your receiver, no worries, just flip it around, you will not burn up your receiver. Just be sure the red wire is in the center of the plug.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:48 PM
rbeluche

Default RE: FDLabs mixII elevon/v-tail mixer

Thanks for the info. The red wire IS in the center. However, there is no black or white wire. There is a brown and a yellow. I suppose it doesn't matter, if as you say, I can simply reverse the connector. Now, the connections for the servos are not marked on the mixer. You seem to be somewhat familiar with this device, so you know that the servo connections are nothing more than six terminals jutting out fron the oposite end of the unit. I am using an Airtronics VG400 for my electric, and the reciever is an early dual conversion unit, no "Z" connectors. These, I understand, are polarity reversed from the old units. Question is, is this the case with this unit? I look at my old servos, and the positive is on the side, not the center, which makes the neutral/signal issue, well, an issue. I am not averse to doing some cutting and soldering, as I am skilled with that task (love that shrink tubing!). I need direction here, or a schematic, or a link to the manufacturer. The vendor is of absolutely no help, and borderline resistant to assistance.

Frank