Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

transmitter fuse

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

transmitter fuse

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 04:46 PM
devens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmitter fuse

I have a JR7202 trnasmitter that stopped working ofter a charge this morn. I think ther may be a fuse in the transmitter. I open it up and didn't see one. Before I explore further.....take out sub panels. Can someone give me some guidiance. Should there be a fuse? And if there is and you know where to look that would be great. If not thats ok I will start taking it apart further if I have confidance there is a fuse.

fingers crossed
Old 07-15-2007, 04:49 PM
jetmech05

Default RE: transmitter fuse

no no fuse that I know of but there is a diode that keeps from discharging through the charge jack...I've never seen a print so I don't know how it's wired in but an open diode is an open
Old 07-15-2007, 05:11 PM
jetmech05

there is another post here that says there is a fuse perhaps a call to tech support is in order
Old 07-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Clint H
My Feedback: (1)

I'm pretty sure there is a fuse in the 7202. My old 662 did the exact same thing. Because it was already off warranty, I took the back cover off, and found the fuse was located right between the gimbals.

I would keep looking, it is usually in an easily accessible area; however, if it's still covered under warranty, send it to Horizon.
Also, JR has a support sub-forum under the radios forum here on RCU. You may get a few answers there.

-Clint
Old 07-15-2007, 08:59 PM
devens

found the fuse. 3 boards deep. .3 amp little glass fuse. It is blown.

learn something new everyday.

I think about 1 inch *2 of wire would have made it in a obvious spot.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:22 PM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After you have replaced the fuse. Try this. Whenever hooking up a charger, ESV or anything else thru the charge jack. Turn the radio on and then plug the charger etc. into the charge jack. then turn the radio off. then charge as usual. That way any static will not blow the fuse.

I believe i got this info from minnflyer and have not blown a fuse since.

Dennis
Old 07-16-2007, 11:43 AM
abacro

That little fuse is the JR RADIO'S biggest flaw! It's also the reason i'll never own another JR radio,because the galaxy i had cost me 4 planes due to that little .3 amp fuse blowing while i was flying. Simplest and cheapest fix,wrap the fuse in tin foil and reinstall it! If still under waranty,send it back! Best fix,( in my opinion) new futaba,airtronics,spectrum,hi-tek or any other brand radio.

Just my two cent's

good flying