Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Lost Model Alarm

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Lost Model Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:19 PM
healthyfatboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost Model Alarm

I just put together a few of the lost model alarms on the www.rc-cam.com website and tried them in two different radio systems and neither seems to work at all. The first was on a stock ParkZone Stryker C and whenever I would turn off the radio, it wouldn't ever beep. When I plug the battery in, it gives the normal beeps that it should but then that is it. All three that I built were all wrong.

Also, I tried it in my Spektrum DX7 system. I wasn't really expecting it to work with that as much but it did the normal beeps when the battery was plugged in and then when I shut the radio down, nothing.

Could anyone help me out with this problem? I really would like this alarm on my Stryker since I almost lost it the other day. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2007, 12:22 PM
jb86
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lost Model Alarm

i have used some type of beeping alarm in every a/c i fly for a few years now, i have seen too many people waste time and then loose a/c looking for them in the woods.

i used one from j&c hobbies, i liked it, works good, but discontinued. one thing that i couldn't do with it (and several others i have tried) is to use it w/a bec. it only works w/a standard radio w/a 4 cell battery.

i found
www.rc-reporter.com (i think that's it, they advertise in model aviation)

they have two versions, both the size of a postage stamp, weigh nothing. one is the "e" version.
i use the e version now because i use li poly 2 cell batteries for rx on a mpi miracle switch for 6v. with this rc reporter, you plug it into an unused channel (gear channel for me), when i flip the gear switch, it plays a tune w/a number of tones to tell how many mah's are remaining. this is a simple way to check the battery voltage.

it is about $30

jon