Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

RX selection

Old 08-14-2007, 12:01 PM
spiral_72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX selection

I am in the market for a RX for my old sailplane and an electric if/when I get one. I have an Airtronics VG6000 6ch. From what I've read on RCU I need a Hitec, JR or Airtronics RX.

Any opinions on this one? It's very light. Why is it so cheap? I don't see any indication that it's a short range RX although it is single conversion
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGZT0&P=7

I'll look at the RCU review in a bit too.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:14 PM
escipion

Default RE: RX selection

Hello!!!!
Those tx have only 4 channels, and are designed for small Electric Indoor, Park Flyer models, or in some cases for .25 size glow fuel planes. You have to check the Maximum range.
You have to buy an special crystal (another $8.00)
A good choice is the Tower Rx
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXMFU6**&P=7

Have a nice day
Escipion
Old 08-14-2007, 04:17 PM
spiral_72

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that it was a park flyer RX, but there was no indication in the description. Tower needs to spell it out better I guess......

Are you sure this RX will work with an Airtronics TX? I don't understand the pos & neg shift stuff, but to work w/ Airtronics it has to be neg shift right?
Old 08-14-2007, 04:20 PM
staggerwing
My Feedback: (5)

The Tower receiver will not work with your Airtronics xmtr. You need a receiver with postive shift. Those are Airtronics, Hi-tech and JR and a few others. Look at the Hi-tech 6S. It has very good range and gives you a full six channels. You will need to order a crystal for any that you buy. Check out prices at Servo City. They are great to deal with and their service is fast. www.servocity.com

Rich

--------------------------------

Wyoming Wind Festival Jan 1 to Dec 31
Old 08-14-2007, 04:50 PM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: staggerwing

The Tower receiver will not work with your Airtronics xmtr.

Rich

--------------------------------

Wyoming Wind Festival Jan 1 to Dec 31
Not so. It's auto shift, will work with positive or negative pulse TX. At least, that's what I read in the description. Also, I don't see where it is described as a park flyer RX?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:02 AM
spiral_72

Tower RX "Compatible with 72MHz Futaba and Hitec FM or PPM transmitters, or FM/PPM transmitters with selectable frequency shift"

Selectable freq shift... is this the pos/neg shift we are talking about?

Any idea who makes the Tower Hobbies RX? They must just put their sticker on someone else's unit.

I looked at the Hi-tech 6S. It looks good. Servo City listed it as a 4000ft range. Is this consdered full (not park flyer) range?