Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Sylvian1975 & DL50 & CMP Extra330L

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Sylvian1975 & DL50 & CMP Extra330L

Old 09-04-2007, 04:35 AM
dewi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sylvian1975 & DL50 & CMP Extra330L

Hi

I am looking for some advice.

I purchased a DL50 engine in combo with a CMP Extra 330L from sylvian1975 (Steven) on eBay. This was on 02 June 2007.

From all accounts of feedback, and experience here he has been trustworthy.

The dl50 arrived after a week, and the plane a week and a half later.

Unfortunatly the plane arrived damaged. I contacted sylvian1975 ASAP, with photos of damage, and it was arranged for me to post the damaged parts back to him at my expense whilst he sourced replacement parts and would return them to me. It was going well so far.

The last I heard, about two months ago, was that he confrmed the damaged parts had arrived and that he was waiting for parts from the supplier.

I have sent one or two emails a week by different ways, and have had no response at all. I do not know if he will do what he said.

eBay has been contacted, but they can not do anything because the purchase ended up outside of eBay (I dont quite know how, but it was something to do with a custom paypal invoice being issued that I paid by).

So I have an engine and half a plane sitting in my shed wondering if I am ever going to see the replacement parts because sylvian1975 will not respond to me anymore.

Does anyone have an idea about what I can do next?

Thanks in advance

dewi

Old 09-04-2007, 09:38 AM
LunaSea

Default RE: Sylvian1975 & DL50 & CMP Extra330L

I have purchased from him before. I bought a couple of CDI ignitions from him. When they arrived, the Hall effect sensors were missing. I contacted him by email and he -

1. Apologized for any inconvenience
2. Thanked me for notifying him and giving him the opportunity to resolve
3. Shipped the sensors right away

Be mindful that he is shipping from Hong Kong, may be having to wait for the parts from the supplier (not all of these models are in production at all times), and shipping (and customs clearance) is VERY SLOW...

I am surprised that communications w/ him have stopped. He was always VERY responsive to me...
Old 09-05-2007, 11:03 PM
dewi

Thanks LunaSea

Yes that is what I am thinking, that he may just be waiting for parts from the supplier.

It takes about two or maybe three weeks for a large parcel from Hong Kong to me (Western Australia).

It has mainly been the issue of lack of contact lately, (last contact was 26 July 2007). I have sent about 10 different messages, through different paths such as eBay, his gmail address, and his yahoo address. So I do not see that it could be a technical issue, such as his or my email being filtered to junk.

Maybe there are different cultural standards in Honk Kong? Meaning that for some reason he is not responding.

I have not received any notice of shipping, so I do not think it is in customs.

Any more ideas?

Old 09-09-2007, 11:36 PM
yakman

Sorry no ideas. I was just contemplating this combo. Let us know how it works out.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:57 AM
dewi

I have sent some more emails but still no news
Old 10-22-2007, 10:58 AM
svpetar

If you would go to HK to kik his ass, I'll like to join you.

I ordered two planes, engine, servos, etc.
All arrive except the biggest plane - 2m span.
Communication goes well some time and stop at the moment. After that I want to buy new one, hoping his OK, I send him request but no sign.

I'm pretty sure sure that this gay isn't good.

svpetar
Old 10-22-2007, 09:01 PM
dewi

I still have no reply, I know someone who bought something off him recently, they received the item fine, and are now receiving the advertising from him.

Funny how I no longer receive the ads. I think last ad that came through to my friend was from the gmail address, so I will send off another attempt to contact to that address.

Most importantly though, I still have no fuselage!

Sorry to hear about your lack of plane too svpetar
Old 11-05-2007, 09:33 PM
dewi

It would be great if it was not so far to HK, hopefully some friends will be going there and they can stop in at the shipping address to find out what is going on?

I keep sending emails, but still no reply.

Does anyone ever get a reply from this guy?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:50 PM
LunaSea

well, I don't normally suggest anything quite this strong, but....

Check eBay, find one of his auctions, then select the "See other items" for this seller tab. Once you list all his current auctions go to each and every one and post a question to it asking why he won't respond to your inquiries and replace the damaged goods as he promised. List the prior eBay item number. Be VERY accurate and truthful, but make a strong statement. Continue to do this with EVERY new auction that he opens... I think you will get a response plenty quick...
Old 11-06-2007, 11:31 PM
dewi

Thanks LunaSea

I have been posting questions only on other CMP Extra auctions, it would still probably be quite bearable, time to increase the volume a bit then.

I priced out buying some spare parts locally, but it was just short of the price of a new plane. I thought I may be able to get it in the air whilst I sort this out.

Thanks again

Dewi
Old 11-08-2007, 01:03 AM
dewi

Well I tried a few, now ebay just gives me this message when I am trying to post another question:

"The form is not available at this time.
You have exceeded the maximum number of messages you can send."

I will wait a couple of days and see if I can post questions again.

I found out that it will cost me about AU$450 to replace the fuselage and cowl locally. The whole plane would cost AU$570.

What a bummer![:@]
Old 11-08-2007, 06:14 AM
[email protected]

Hi' I have had the same problem I have bin waiting 7 months I have YAK54 85" SPAN Crushed in shipping, How long bo we have to wait???????????? Cheers Ray.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:22 AM
[email protected]

Hi Dewi. I have the same problem as you, I have bin waiting 7 months i have a crushed YAK54 85"SPAN. Sounds like he wants closeing down? CHEERS Ray.[&o][:@]
Old 11-08-2007, 07:31 AM
dewi

Hi Ray

Has sylvian1975 stopped talking to you too?

The annoying thing is that I have no fuse or cowl now, since I posted them back when everything seemed to be going OK.

dewi
Old 11-08-2007, 08:41 AM
[email protected]

Hi Dewi. Yep sure has, it's maybe because i called him an ''arshole'', All the Best Ray,
Old 12-07-2007, 09:58 PM
dewi

It has been a bit of an epic.

I had to reactivate my e-bay account after eBay said it was possibly being used for spamming

I guess thats what happens when you ask allot of questions.

After this I was only sending one or two a day through eBay. Still no response, then my Dad got a bit sick of it too, he is into rc planes also, and he sent Steven an email (he was still getting the promotional emails from Steven). Steven replied to Dad and said something like the fuse I returned was an 06 model but he posted me a plane in 07[&:], but that he would replace it in order to resolve the issue.

So the fuselage has arrived, I then sent Steven an ebay message, to which he REPLIED, that the cowl is in another box.

So I am still waiting on the cowl, but I do have a fuselage, which was unfortunately slightly damaged, but no where near as bad as the first, this one just looks as though it has had a heavy landing in the landing gear area.

I will update when the cowl arrives.