Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Berg 7p reciever in gassers?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Berg 7p reciever in gassers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 06:42 PM
slvmnr
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Berg 7p reciever in gassers?

Anybody know how the Berg 7p reciever works with large gasser planes....?
IE: interferance, range problems, or whatever.
Or your opinion on the 7p...... Tnx
Old 09-19-2007, 09:20 AM
mxerman

Default RE: Berg 7p reciever in gassers?

I like Berg 7's and have used them in several planes. Electric no problem. Glow two strokes no problem.. Glow four strokes.......Don't do it! The vibration causes a small part in the receiver to break loose because it is not attached to the board. CRASH!! There is a thread here or on RCG about it. No way I would use it on a gasser with all the shaking they do. Don't risk a high dollar plane with an inexpensive receiver. I lost an ultra stick because of that problem. Again don't get me wrong, Berg's are fine... But spend a little more and get a nice receiver for your expensive planes..mxerman
Old 09-20-2007, 03:39 PM
susquach
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Berg 7p reciever in gassers?

I recently am trying Berg 4chs in a couple .40 birds. No complaints. I'm careful not to really tax the range. Only problem I've encountered was a bad crystal that failed during set-up....Tower replaced immediately.

Have noticed that the range checks are drastically shorter and the signal loss is pronounced....one step back and forth can make the diffence between working and no response. Every traditional
receiver I've ever tested had a period of intermittant reception....not my Bergs.

Still, I like then for small sport models that usually get flown not much further than typical pattern distance.

I suppose the real test on distance is if anyone is using Bergs in their gliders??????